Natural pig farming is bases its philosophy on natural farming. It promotes a low cost, high profit, high pig welfare, non environmental polluting system of raising healthy pigs using a deep bed sty flooring system. It puts pig welfare at the heart of its system to provide a high welfare, healthy environment that focuses on respecting a pigs natural behavioral needs. It is designed to enable pigs to carry out core natural behavior within a real world environment even though they are raised in pens.
- helps act (via the aid of micro-organisms) a rapid breakdown of fecal matter
- provides a stimulating pig environment that allows for their natural rooting behavior
- No teeth clipping, tail docking, nose ringing
- No imprisonment of sows in sow stalls or farrowing crates
- No routine use anti-biotics or growth promoters
In short, through respecting the behaviorial needs of our pigs and using the positive power of natures processes we raise healthy contented pigs in a high profit, low cost system.